Rose Cottage and Courtyard Cottage
We aim to make our booking process as simple and efficient as possible and want you to enjoy your holiday with the minimum of fuss and without misunderstanding so please read below for more information concerning the terms of your booking.
Bookings are made and accepted only on the following Conditions:
1. In these Conditions, the expression ‘in writing’ shall be interpreted to include electronic transmission [e-mail]
2. We accept no responsibility for personal injury to the Guest and/or his/her invitees (jointly known as ‘the Holidaymakers’), or loss of or consequential loss or damage to their property, or for other matters over which we have no control.
3. This agreement is made on the basis that the property (‘the Property’) is to be occupied by the holidaymakers for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the Holidaymakers acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
4. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age.
5. We strongly advise guests to take out cancellation insurance.
6. A deposit of 30 per cent of the cost of the holiday (‘the Deposit’) must accompany the booking request. We do not charge a Booking Fee.
7. No bookings are valid until confirmed by us in writing.
8. Once a booking is confirmed by us, the Guest is responsible for paying the full balance of the cost of the holiday not later than 60 days before the booking is due to commence.
9. We reserve the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 14 days in arrears whereupon any monies paid by the Guest over and above the non-refundable Deposit will be refunded. However, if we are unable to re-let the holiday the Guest will remain liable for the outstanding balance of the cost of the holiday, and (if applicable) the Deposit.
10. In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable (such as by virtue of fire or flooding), we will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment. We cannot however pay any compensation or expenses incurred as a consequence of such an event.
11. In the event of cancellations not covered by Guests’ insurance, we will endeavour to re-let the accommodation, and if successful the balance of the cost will not be due as in paragraph 8 above, or if already paid, will be refunded. Any request to cancel must be put in writing to us in the first instance. The Deposit will be retained.
12. A Guest requiring a booking to be altered once the booking has been confirmed will be charged £20.00 if a revised confirmation is required.
14. The Holidaymakers shall keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the Property in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday, and shall leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. We reserve the right to charge at cost if additional cleaning is required following your stay. The Holidaymaker must report and pay to us the cost of any damage or breakages made during their holiday occupancy. We reserve the right to make a charge where guests have contravened our request for the property to be smoke free. (In order to comply with the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 the amount of such a charge should not be more than the cost of the cleaning.)
15. The Holidaymakers’ right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if:
a. More people attempt to take up occupation than declared before the commencement of the holiday and/or the number the Property holds.
b. Pets are brought to the property.
c. Overnight guests are entertained without our permission.
d. Any activity is undertaken which is illegal or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance to neighbours.
e. Guests smoke inside the property.
16. The property will be available for occupation from 3 p.m. on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00. a.m. on the day of departure, unless the departure is on a Sunday when it must be vacated by 11.00 a.m.
17. In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning a Property, the matter must be taken up with us at once. It is essential that this is done whilst you are still at the Property so an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required. In no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended and/or when the Holidaymakers have denied us the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to remedy matters during the holiday. Please use the given phone number or e-mail address when contacting us. During out-of-office hours, an answer phone facility will be available which will be checked on a regular basis.
18. We or our representative shall be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time and for a reasonable cause during any holiday occupancy.
Website Terms and Conditions
Please read through the Ts & Cs carefully. By using this website you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below. We would also like to mention that any personal information provided by you is confidential and will not be passed on to any other companies or organisations.
If you have any queries relating to the terms and conditions please send your enquiry to email@example.com.
The term ‘Stratford Cottage Holidays’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without prior written consent from Stratford Cottage Holidays.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Stratford Cottage Holidays and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Stratford Cottage Holidays. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Stratford Cottage Holidays takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.